No two people are the same, and no two addictions are the same. Knowing this to be true, why should any addiction treatment be the same for two individuals? That is why at Avalon Malibu, we tailor our treatments to the needs of each client. Unlike a one-size-fits-all approach to addiction recovery, a personalized treatment approach allows for a flexible practice that addresses the needs of the whole person on the levels of mind, body, and spirit. The benefits of individualized treatment go much further than what first meets the eye.
Reasons and Benefits to Seeking Personalized Addiction Treatment
- Clients respond differently to treatment: Having a diverse set of patients with differing addictions will result in different responses to treatment, especially in the detox phase. Having a healing environment of skilled, supportive staff to address any issues or concerns is essential to having a safe and effective detox.
- Different reasons behind addiction: People develop addictions for all sorts of reasons, and environmental risk factors surrounding addiction vary from person to person. Unraveling and understanding what started an addiction and what encourages continual substance abuse is important to address a person’s unique physical, mental and emotional needs.
- Co-occurring disorders or conditions: If a person also has a co-occurring disorder, then it requires treatment in tandem with addiction treatment for that person to be successful in their addiction treatment.
- Option for medication when necessary: Sometimes medication can be a huge help for some, but for others, it isn’t at all necessary, so it should be used with discretion on a case-by-case basis.
- Individualized therapy options: Depending on what works best and makes a person feel most supported, they can utilize either individual counseling, group therapy, or family therapy to learn effective communication, feel supported and understand their addiction better.
Finding the right treatment is vital to your success in addiction recovery. One of the most important advantages of choosing personalized treatment over a one-size-fits-all approach is that personalized treatment considers an individual’s specific needs and incorporates them into the treatment program, leaving no aspect of a person out of his or her treatment. If you or a loved one are struggling to get or remain sober, call Avalon Malibu. At Avalon, we specialize in personalized, integrative treatment for addiction recovery and co-occurring disorders. We offer a continuum of holistic and clinical treatment therapies in a nurturing environment designed to meet the client exactly where they are. To find out how we can help you begin your recovery journey, call us at (844) 857-5992.