Addiction takes hold for months and even years, causing so many harmful effects on the mind, body, and spirit. Yet, those seeking recovery often expect to find some magical solution to heal themselves instantly. Nobody looks forward to the inner work and reflection necessary to recover from the aftermath of addiction. However, sustainable recovery takes time and consistent effort. Typically, it requires certain lifestyle changes that are practiced on a daily basis towards consistent personal growth and development. Long-term residential treatment programs are incredibly beneficial, as they offer the time, space, resources, and support necessary towards building healthy habits and a strong foundation in your recovery, promoting long-term sobriety.
Exploring Residential Treatment Programs
Residential treatment programs take approximately 6-12 months total and involve staying in a home-like environment that aids in comfort and rejuvenation. Individuals pursuing residential treatment at Avalon Malibu, for example, would stay in a fresh, clean and beautiful space. Additionally, Avalon Malibu professionals would offer round-the-clock care, including transportation services and nutritiously cooked meals.
Previous studies have demonstrated the need for residential treatment centers to offer support around physical and mental health, as well as legal needs. Therefore, Avalon Malibu has prioritized the creation of highly personalized programs to ensure clients get their recovery needs met appropriately.
At Avalon Malibu, residential treatment includes the following:
- A relaxing, spacious and comfortable atmosphere for proper rest and rehabilitation
- Nutrition management, aimed at providing vitamins and minerals which optimize healing and restoration
- 24/7 Support – in cases of medical supervision and other addiction-related concerns
- Therapy – including not only traditional therapy but group therapy, art therapy, music therapy and other creative programs for inward reflection and growth
- Personalized treatment planning in order for clients to receive treatment that speaks to their unique needs
- And so much more
For years, researchers have tried to explore the nuances associated with long-term residential treatment and they’ve found that the longer a person remains in treatment, the greater their likelihood of remaining sober. With constant support provided, those in recovery can be held accountable to their sobriety goals and can continue working hard towards a life of abundance and health.
Guidelines for Residential Treatment
The most important aspect of residential treatment is to take advantage of the constant support that is provided. Many people throughout the United States, not to mention the world at large, would give anything for a chance at recovery. With so many wonderful resources at your fingertips, residential treatment can truly be life changing if you allow it to be.
Residential treatment often provides a pathway for clients to rediscover who they are and what their larger life purpose is. Routines and rules are normal in order to help those in recovery maintain a sort of “baseline” for healing. Some rules, such as “no technology,” can help those in recovery to focus on themselves and their restorative journey without distraction. Additionally, guidelines around bedtimes and mealtimes are helpful for those in early recovery as they learn to create structure and stability in daily life towards goals of increased independence and freedom.
At Avalon Malibu, residential treatment programs are highly individualized and offer support to those who:
- Are lacking positive familial and social support, and are seeking a community to reinforce their recovery.
- Are struggling severely with addiction and need constant reinforcement and accountability in their recovery.
- Would like to have more daily guidance to get and stay on track with their sobriety.
- Can afford to stay at a residential treatment program long-term, for optimized recovery.
If you’re ready to take charge of your life and overcome addiction, speak with a professional from Avalon Malibu today. It’s never too late to change your life, and you don’t have to do it alone. Residential treatment could be a defining point on your recovery journey. For more information, speak to a professional at Avalon Malibu today, at 844-857-5992.