According to a 2014 study titled “Acupuncture: Past, Present, and Future”, acupuncture has been around for more than 40 years and has taken upon more than 10 million treatments each year in the United States alone. Medical News Today states that with acupuncture, an acupuncturist will place small needles among meridians – or energy highways – to help open up energy flow and balance a person. Holistic practices such as acupuncture, also known as alternative therapeutic methods, have become increasingly popular as Americans attempt to find non-invasive remedies to everyday issues they’re experiencing.
The following are some amazing benefits that acupuncture has been said to provide:
- Reduce chronic pain – A 2014 study conducted by researchers from New York found that participants who utilized acupuncture did see reduced pain than those who did not participate in acupuncture therapy. Acupuncture can help lessen the pain caused by poor sleeping patterns, old injuries, physical stress, and more.
- Relieves headaches – Many people who have struggled with migraines report acupuncture therapy as reducing the pain associated with these.
- Treats anxiety – Some studies have shown that individuals with anxiety disorders such as generalized anxiety disorder, anxiety neurosis and perioperative anxiety have experienced less severe symptoms after receiving acupuncture treatment.
- Prevents nausea and vomiting – A 2009 study that assessed 4,858 participants found nearly no difference between a patient receiving acupuncture and a patient taking antiemetics. Thus, acupuncture could be a great alternative for those experiencing nausea and vomiting.
- Treats arthritis – It is said that acupuncture corresponds to key nerve endings throughout the body – if you experience a lot of pain with arthritis, this could be a great technique for you.
As always, make sure you speak with a doctor first to determine if acupuncture would be most appropriate for you. Thus far, it seems there are a number of wonderful benefits associated with its use.
Hidden within the seclusion of a lush estate, the residential homes of Avalon Malibu sit, offering the privacy and premiere clinical treatment you want for your loved one. Our treatment programs offer both mental health and substance use disorder care. As one of California’s only primary certified treatment centers, our ability to provide holistic, personalized, co-occurring care is unparalleled. Call us today for information: 888-958-7511.