Making the decision to attend a treatment center is the best decision you could have made. You already know that you want optimal care and a supportive healthcare team to help you achieve your goals. With so many treatment facilities available, it can seem daunting to select the right fit. Depending on whether you have decided to partake in an intensive outpatient program, inpatient program or a residential treatment program, there may be several factors you want to consider. The following is a universal list of questions and concerns that you can utilize to ensure your treatment facility is the best fit for you:
- What does the program help with? You should ensure that your treatment facility is knowledgeable and can provide assistance in the following areas: withdrawal symptoms, co-occurring mental health issues, specific drugs of abuse, lifestyle issues, emotional distress, psychological distress, and environmental/community concerns.
- Does the program utilize comprehensive therapy? Comprehensive treatment ensures optimal health and well-being. If the treatment facility aims to provide “rapid detox” or “quick results” – this is not a healthy option for you.
- Does the facility have a history of longevity? Successful businesses have a track record of success. They have been in the business for a while and have proven results. If your health care facility has been open for more than 5 years, that’s a great sign.
- Is the program in-line with your insurance? If not, how much will you have to pay out-of-pocket? Know your insurance benefit availability and costs when selecting a treatment facility.
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio? The lower the ratio, the more one-on-one support you are likely to receive. This is especially important if you are utilizing a residential treatment program.
- Does the treatment facility offer medication or are they abstinence-based? If you would prefer to be able to take medication for the effects of detoxification, you want to know that your treatment program can assist with this.
There are many other important questions that you want to ask a treatment facility, but these are a few key considerations. The hardest part is making the choice to attend treatment – after you have done that, you need to find a program that suits you values, needs, and wants. There are many programs out there to help you – you just need to find the right fit to optimize your recovery.
As one of California’s few certified residential facilities for providing primary mental healthcare, Avalon Malibu stands out from conventional treatment. Our luxury residential treatment programs offer a haven environment, nestling our two beautiful homes on a breathtaking estate above the iconic Malibu coastline. Call us today for information on our holistic approach to treatment and our full continuum of care options: 888-958-7511