When it comes to addiction recovery, there are many methods of healing that can be pursued. For many people, holistic massage therapy provides a safe space for healing and restoration. Holistic massage therapy at Avalon Malibu is tailored to each client’s unique needs, and considers their mental, physical, and spiritual wellbeing. Holistic modalities of massage can include shiatsu, traditional Chinese medicine, hand and foot reflexology, acupressure, energy work, rocking and shaking, and Thai massage – and you can discover what type of holistic massage therapy treatment works best for you. As you can see, these forms of massage take a more Eastern approach as compared to Western approaches, which include hot stone massage, aromatherapy, prenatal massage, deep tissue massage, and more.
Sore muscles, increased circulation, increased nerve flow, lower blood pressure, improved immune system, ease of depression and anxiety, increased flexibility and mobility, and reduced inflammation are several of the many benefits that holistic massage therapy can provide those in addiction recovery:
- Shiatsu – this particular method combines gentle stretches of the finger to find various pressure points on the client, the word “shiatsu” literally means “finger pressure”
- Traditional Chinese Medicine – herbal medicine and acupuncture are a few techniques that fall under this category, they can help with things like headaches and PMS
- Hand & Foot Reflexology – based on practices that have been used in various cultures for thousands of years, certain “reflect” points on focused on for healing
- Acupressure – refers to the gentle pressure of the fingers on points that are located on major “meridians”, with the body’s energy balance being the main point of focus
- Energy work – the Chinese concept of “chi” refers to one’s life force energy, and energy work uses body electricity to balance out the person’s energy field
If you’re ready to get started, speaking with someone from Avalon Malibu today.
Avalon Malibu is a world-renowned, California state-licensed mental health and substance abuse recovery center. If you are ready to seek treatment to develop the tools you need to overcome life’s obstacles and be on the road towards happiness, health, and well-being, call us today at 844-857-5992 for a consultation. It’s never too late, and there are people here ready to help you – it’s never too late to begin taking steps towards a happier, healthier life.