Recovery month is a time to celebrate your progress and educate others on the impact of addiction. Sometimes, it’s difficult to find sober activities to participate in, especially during recovery month. After all, you have worked hard to get where you are and want to join others in the celebration.
This blog will discuss sober things to do in Malibu, provide suggestions, and explore the benefits of an alumni program at Avalon Malibu.
How Can I Celebrate Recovery Month?
September is recovery awareness month, celebrating those who are recovering and the many who will be recovering. This is a special time to cultivate awareness throughout your community and give others a voice to speak their truth. There are several things that you can do to celebrate recovery month on a personal level. You can:
- Volunteer at a facility
- Write a gratitude letter to your past self
- Spread the message that recovery is possible
- Commit to a walk in honor of recovery
- Attend a workshop on recovery
- Join an alumni support program
Sober Activities to Do in Malibu, CA
There are many ways to have fun in sobriety that leave you feeling clear-minded, uplifted, and even joyful. You get to figure out what activities you want to participate in for recovery month which leaves you feeling complete. The following are several examples of sober activities to do for recovery month that will leave you feeling refreshed:
- Sunrise Sunset 2023 Labor Day weekend-Malibu Sober Camp Ou t- You can find more details on eventbrite.com
- Prana Recovery Community Free BBQ/Sober living – More details on eventbrite.com
- Meetup. com – sober activities and interests
- 31st Annual Recovery Month “Recovery Happens” September 6, 2023 – This special gathering will consist of speakers, live music, a march around the capital, a pancake breakfast, and the largest meeting at the state capitol. More information can be found at recoveryhappens.info.
How Can an Alumni Program Help Me Celebrate Recovery Month?
At Avalon Malibu, we understand that connection is key to recovery, and focusing on building long-term relationships is essential to sobriety. Your odds of success are better when you have a supportive network behind you. Hence, the reason that an alumni program is important in the process and will help with building a long-term supportive network.
With an alumni program, you are celebrating recovery month every day, month, and year. We are here to support the daily triumphs and the big successes.
Celebrating recovery is a big deal, and exploring ways that you can benefit from connection in recovery month can give you a sense of belonging and purpose. At Avalon Malibu, we understand the importance of connection after treatment, that is why we recommend our alumni support program. Not only will you benefit from the connection but a space of growth within yourself. Each season of your recovery is different, therefore you may need another approach to connection. At Avalon Malibu, we value your recovery and how far you have traveled. Give us a call today at (844) 857-5992.