A simple, positive, and mindful morning routine can set the tone for the whole day. Here are some tips for getting into a healthy morning groove.
When we wake up, we have a choice about how to start our day. Oftentimes, those first few precious hours between waking and starting the day can set the tone for our whole day ahead. We can choose to use them productively, setting ourselves up for a positive day. Alternatively, we can squander those hours and set a negative tone for the remainder of the day. It’s empowering, as it’s our choice. However, sometimes we need the knowledge and tools to truly know how to start the day with mindfulness and positivity. Here are a few tips for a morning routine that will support your life and recovery.
- Give yourself extra time. Providing yourself with extra time in the morning can mean the difference between a rushed, hectic morning and a slow, sweet one. Even setting your alarm for 20 minutes earlier will give you time to meditate, relax, and decide how you want your day to play out.
- Cultivate an attitude of gratitude. Entering the day with a positive outlook is crucial for overall wellness. Try calling to mind 3-5 things you’re grateful for before you even get out of bed.
- Go slow. Take your time, be mindful about your surroundings and mental state, and try not to rush through the morning, as it’s one of the most sacred and special times.
- Make a list. When we have many things floating around in our heads, such as obligations, chores, and jobs that need to be completed throughout the day, our anxiety can skyrocket. Try getting that information out of your head and onto paper first thing in the morning by making a to-do list.
- Greet the sun. It sounds simple, but we often forget to acknowledge the beauty of a new day. Take time to look outside, greet the sun, and notice the nuances of the light. It’s a real game-changer.
Avalon Malibu is a world-renowned, California state-licensed mental health and substance abuse recovery center. If you are ready to seek treatment to develop the tools you need to overcome life’s obstacles and be on the road towards happiness, health, and well-being, call us today at 844-857-5992 for a consultation. It’s never too late, and there are people here ready to help you – it’s never too late to begin taking steps towards a happier, healthier life.