AVALON MALIBU MENTAL HEALTH & ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER
Our Mission: Avalon Malibu is a center where respect, safety, compassion, and hospitality is extended to all who seek health, healing, and hope.Call Us Today: 888-958-7511
Focusing on Mind, Body & Spirit for Long Term Recovery
The ‘Avalon Malibu Sanctuary Model’ provides adults an opportunity for reflection through introspection, education and mindfulness practice.
We integrate mind, body and spirit philosophy into a realistic plan for long term recovery.Learn More About Our Treatment Programs
Licensed Addiction & Mental Health Treatment Center
Avalon Malibu is a California state licensed residential addiction treatment center dedicated to the treatment of adults experiencing substance use disorders as well as psychiatric and mental health issues.
Utilizing a collaborative, inter-disciplinary approach, we offer a place which provides a nurturing and therapeutic environment. Clients are encouraged to participate actively in their recovery.
Happiness is a choice of attitude. Resolve to choose gratefulness over regret until joy becomes your default setting. Why not embrace the symptom as a doorway to freedom? The process of healing is one of self-realization, the peeling away of the fears and negativity that obscure the light of your core self.
We take all PPO insurance policies. Call to verify your copay today.Recovery Begins with a Phone Call
~THICH NHAT HANH
Team of Dedicated ProfessionalsOur staff offers a wide range of specialties in treatment. Click to read more about our staff.
INSURANCE ACCEPTEDAvalon Malibu accepts most PPO insurances as payment for treatment. Call to speak with our trained admission professionals.
Private RoomsWe have beautiful private, mostly single rooms. Click here for a tour of Avalon Malibu.
Why Choose Avalon Malibu
- One of the few residential treatment programs in California licensed under the strict rules set forth by DHCS Department of Health care services and certified by the Department of Mental Health (DMH)
- JCAHO Accreditation
- Accepts most PPO Insurance policies at all five levels of care
- Contracts with four Board Certified Physicians specializing in Psychiatry, Internal Medicine, Addictionology, Neurology, and Eastern medicine practice
- Personalized one on one treatment
- Staff on site 24/7
- Beautiful private, mostly single rooms
- Only addiction & mental health treatment center in Malibu with direct beach access
- Optional Buddhist inspired tract in treating addiction with author Noah Levine, MSW
- Utilize the DVD series “The Bridge from Treatment to Recovery” by Earl Hightower
- Family program offered via Skype sessions and family weekends
- Alumni and aftercare program provided
- Psychological Testing
- Expressive Arts & Experiential Components – Psychodrama, Ropes Course, Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP), Aqua Activities, Yoga, Meditation, Neurofeedback, Acupuncture, Massage and Sweat Lodge
- Nutritional Assessment By a Registered Dietitian
- Physical Fitness Component
What Is Unique About Avalon Malibu
We treat: Addiction, Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders, Bipolar Disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders, Trauma and Personality Disorders
We utilize experiential methodology, expressive arts and research based psychotherapies in a safe, contained, and nurturing environment
We provide five levels of care: Licensed Addiction residential treatment (Detoxification) Licensed Mental Health residential treatment Partial Hospitalization Program Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program Out Patient Medication ManagementRecovery Begins with a Phone Call
We Focus On Potential, Not Pathology
Our goal is to assist you in gaining greater insight into the meaning of your life, where the pain of the past becomes the stepping stone to your future built on choice, rather than compulsion.
- Improving success in treatment
- Reducing psychiatric crisis and symptoms
- Identifying emotional responses and cognitive distortions
- Developing healthy coping skills
- Facilitating increased knowledge of healthy attitudes, behaviors and self-esteem
- Decreasing involvement in drug related/self-harm behaviors
Avalon Malibu Presents The Sunset Series
32420 Pacific Coast Highway Malibu, California 90265
All Events are held from 6:30pm – 9:00pm
RSVP: Beata Lundeen 310.457.9111 ext.102 email@example.com
Hors d’Oeuvres will be served
APRIL 17TH Marcia Ullet, MA, LMFT, CPC Book Title: Your Best Life: A Journey of Purpose & Passion
Your Best Life Yet: A Journey of Purpose and Passion walks the reader through the five steps of the Best-Life Process which can lead to a life based on values, purpose and vision. As a licensed psychotherapist, Ms.Ullet has helped thousands in her private practice and in her work at various treatment centers, both as a clinician and a clinical supervisor.
MAY 22TH Mel Pohl, MD, FASAM Book Title: A Day Without PainChronic Pain: It’s All In Your Head: When we think about pain we often wonder whether it’s “real” or not. We have a tendency to believe that pain based on emotions is less “valid” than physical pain. This discussion will explore the fact that all pain is real, based on neurophysiologic phenomena in specific parts of the brain. Treatment implications will be described as part of “Pain Recovery”. Mel Pohl, MD, FASAM is a Board Certified Family Practitioner. He is the Vice President of Medical Affairs and Medical Director of Las Vegas Recovery, a private, freestanding chemical dependency and pain treatment facility, and is licensed by the State of Nevada and accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO). Dr. Pohl was a major force in developing Las Vegas Recovery’s Chronic Pain rehabilitation program. The facility provides a complete continuum of care and has long been considered the best in the country.
JUNE 26TH Noah Levine, MA Book Title: Refuge Recovery - A Buddhist path to recovering from addiction.
The Buddhist path to treating addiction is one of developing wisdom and compassion through meditation, renunciation and wise actions such as service, amends, forgiveness and generosity. Buddhism offers a non-thiestic spiritual path, perfect for the discerning Atheist addict. Refuge Recovery is a program that can work in conjunction with or as an alternative to twelve steps. Noah Levine is the founder of the “Against The Stream Buddhist Meditation Society” with centers in Los Angeles and San Francisco and over 20 affiliated groups in North America and Europe. He teaches meditation groups, gives workshops and leads retreats internationally. Noah has created a process of addiction recovery based on the teachings of the Buddha called Refuge Recovery. He is the author of “Dharma Punx”, “Against the Stream”, “Heart of the Revolution” and “Refuge Recovery.”
AVALON MALIBU Offers Focused, Proven Therapy To Promote Healing And Change
Mind, Body, & Spirit Focus
ADDICTION & MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT
Private Beach, Pool and Lush Garden Landscape
Individualized Treatment Schedule Provided Daily