The Avalon Malibu tools for recovery practice was established to assist clients in developing a framework for healing and self-discovery.
Our philosophy to recovery helps the client to regain balance and choice in life. It is a living, flexible, evolving practice tailored to the specific recovery needs of each individual. The clinical staff at Avalon Malibu, developed this practice, for our world re-knowned recovery treatment that focuses on mind/body/spirit connection.
Avalon Malibu Presents The Tools For Recovery:
- Integrative Therapies: To include Chinese medicine, herbs, nutrition, neurofeedback, Ayurveda, amino acid nutraceutical therapies, nutritional support.
- Mindfulness practices: Including meditation, yoga, chi gong and other breath techniques.
- Trauma Resolution Therapies: May include EMDR, expressive and somatic therapies, holotropic breath work.
- Experiential Therapies: May include psychodrama, ocean activities, ropes course, art therapy, and other forms of experiential therapy.
- Family Therapy: an evolving legacy.
- Cognitive behavioral and dialectic behavioral therapies: Both in individual and group settings.
- Psycho-educational skills training groups
- Spiritual practices and principles: Including 12-step programs, world contemplative traditions, ‘The Four Agreements’, SMART Recovery.
- Healing environment: Nature vs. nurture.
- Narrative medicine: Integrating brain function in finding new meaning in the story of life.
Avalon Malibu seeks to alleviate psychological suffering for clients living with traumatic responses, anxiety disorders and addictions. At its core, our philosophy is simple – providing cutting-edge clinical recovery treatment through the mindful application of psychotherapy and experience. We endeavor to exemplify mindfulness in each interaction and model the freedom and joy that emerges with present-centered awareness. Group activities and natural excursions allow clients to explore themselves, engage with peers, and reaffirm their healing, led by staff members who model healthy, mindful and positive interactions.